This is a getaway to be in contact with Galicia's most noble stones, the ones that give shape to its stone palaces (pazos) and a green universe, consisting of its gardens and forests. There, local and exotic species coexist in ponds, fountains and waterfalls and form geometric French style compositions, or stand cloaked by a more English style, with a wilder appearance. The presence of the camellia, one of the most characteristic flowers in Galicia's pazo gardens, grants them beauty and a strong personality.
This trip is designed for friends, either for botany lovers or simply for people who enjoy the scarcely known world of the gardens and pazos of Galicia. Throughout this route, known as the "Route of the Camellia" we will take private tours that will lead us near Santiago and Pontevedra, visiting the pazos of Santa Cruz de Ribadulla, San Lourenzo, Oca, Fefiñáns, Rubiáns and A Saleta, whose historical and artistic gardens are among Spain's most outstanding.
- Day 1. Arrival in Santiago and lodging at a unique pazo, the Pazo de Lestrove, a 16th century building near the town of Padrón and close to Santiago de Compostela. Dinner and lodging at the Pazo.
- Day 2. After breakfast we will travel to the capital of Galicia, located less than 20 Km away, to take a guided tour through the old quarter of Santiago de Compostela, as an introduction, and then we will visit the Pazo de San Lourenzo. Next, journey and visit to the pazos of Ribadulla and Oca. Before the day is over we must cross Ponte Gundián in San Xoán da Cova, a bridge that is a reference point for the entire region; an ancient work of engineering that the train still crosses. The landscape of this area is dominated by the Pico Sacro, or "sacred peak", Galicia's most beautiful and symbolic summit, with Medieval ruins and worthy of the day's last visit before returning to the Pazo de Lestrove.
- Day 3. We will continue with the route of the camellia that will lead us to the region of Pontevedra, where in addition to visiting the historical palaces with important gardens, we will visit some of its vineyards, where we will have the opportunity to taste a wine with D.O. Rías Baixas. We will visit the Pazo de Rubiáns, the Pazo de Fefiñáns and the Pazo de A Saleta. In the evening we will stay at a charming hotel in Pontevedra.
- Day 4. After breakfast, transportation to Santiago and end of our services.
4 days / 3 nights.
595 € for a minimum of 4 persons.
480 € for a minimum of 6 persons.
Minimum and maximum no. persons required:
4 – 7 persons. Check rates for groups larger than 7 persons.
- 2 nights at the Pazo de Lestrove on a half board basis (breakfast and dinner).
- 1 night at a charming hotel in Pontevedra on a half board basis (breakfast and dinner).
- Driver-official guide to Galicia included during the program for the services specified (expenses, tolls and driver's expenses included).
- Tour of Santiago's old quarter, Alameda Park, etc.
- Entrances to the specified Pazos-gardens.