These gardens are scarcely known in Galicia and are not even considered to be tourist sites. However, through the Route of the Camellia we can discover the best areas of Galicia to enjoy the gardening aspects related to the camellia. We will journey through the environs of Santiago and Pontevedra visiting pazos and their gardens, of historical and artistic value, that are among the most outstanding in Spain.
This route is designed for groups, either for botany lovers or simply for people who enjoy the scarcely known world of the gardens and pazos of Galicia. During this route, known as the "Route of the Camellia" we will go on private tours that will take us near Santiago and Pontevedra, visiting the pazos of Santa Cruz de Ribadulla, San Lourenzo, Oca, Fefiñáns, Rubiáns and A Saleta, whose historical and artistic gardens are among the most outstanding in Spain.
- Day 1. The group is collected at the Santiago airport. Arrival and lodging at one of the world's oldest hotels, the state-owned Parador Hostal dos Reis Católicos. Afternoon off to discover the city. Dinner and lodging.
- Day 2. After breakfast today we will first take a guided tour through the old quarter of Santiago de Compostela as an introduction, to then visit the Pazo de San Lourenzo.
Next, transportation by minibus to the pazos of Ribadulla and Oca. Before the day is over we must cross the bridge Ponte Gundián, in San Xoán da Cova, a reference point for the entire region and an ancient work of engineering over which the train still passes. The landscape of this area is dominated by the Pico Sacro, or "sacred peak", Galicia's most beautiful and symbolic summit, with Medieval ruins and worthy of the day's last visit before returning to the Hostal dos Reis Católicos. Arrival at the Parador, dinner and lodging.
- Day 3. Transportation by minibus to the region of Pontevedra where the second part of this relaxing adventure begins, and where in addition to visiting the historical palaces with important gardens, we will be visiting some of its wineries, where we will have the opportunity of tasting wine with D.O. Rías Baixas. We will visit the Pazo de Rubiáns, the Pazo de Fefiñáns and the Pazo de A Saleta. Our lodging will be at the state-owned hotel Parador de Pontevedra.
- Day 4. After breakfast, the group is transported to Santiago and end of our services.
4 days / 3 nights.
Min. 15 persons
Min. 25 persons
Suppl. Single Room.
- 2 nights at Parador Hostal dos Reis Católicos on a half board basis (breakfast and dinner).
- 1 night at Parador de Pontevedra on a half board basis (breakfast and dinner).
- Minibus transportation for the services specified in the program (expenses, tolls and driver's maintenance included).
- Services of 1 official guide to Galicia included for all the visits depending on the program.
- Entrance fee to the specified pazos.
- Travel insurance.