This was the fourth gateway cut open in the XIX century (1894). It was meant to facilitate the communication with the new Seminary as well as the old cemetery. Two towers were pulled down unearthing some Roman stone tablets.
It is placed on a slope; it is 10 metres wide and its keystone is 8,15 metres high, the walk on top is 9 metres high.
This gate has two in-built doors leading to cubicules whe toll was being charged. The bishop who commissioned the Seminary is remembered on a plaque.