The old Monastery of Xunqueira de Ambía was founded in the year 955. In the 12th century it was donated to the regular canons of St- Augustine, with the church being built in transition Romanesque style. It achieved the rank of Collegiate in 1164, and came under the Archbishopric of Valladolid. Artistically, it shows the typical characteristics of Galician Romanesque, together with those that the Order itself designed for their residence. A church in clear Romanesque style (12th century). The main facade is noteworthy, divided by two buttresses corresponding to the church´s three interior aisles. Romanesque doorway with three archivolts, and capitals decorated with interwoven and leaf designs. Over the door, there is an arched awning over corbels. There are three notable Romanesque apses. The cloister is Ogival, with semi-circular arcades, showing perforated tympanum. Interior on a Latin-cross ground plan, with three aisles separated by stilted Ogival arches. Plateresque choir and Renaissance stone pulpits. It is worth mentioning the originality of the organ, recently restored and one of the finest in Europe . Designated a National Monument on 3-7-1931.