Erected by Gaspar de Arce for the Jesuits in the second half of the 17th century, it because the University chapel from 1769 onwards, after the expulsion of the Order. Rectangular ground plan with one nave and side chapels, which support the tribune that overlooks the nave. The walls are built in granite ashlar with an intersecting roof. The facade, in Classicist style, is a huge rectangle like a curtain, bearing no relationship with the interior. Colossal pilasters divide it into three segments. The central one ends in a straight pediment and the side ones with a balustrade. Above the door, there is a large square framed with beading, with wings on the corners, bearing the arms of Spain. On both sides of this are two niches with sculptures of St. Ignatius and St. Francis Xavier, which were disfigured after the expulsion to depict St. Peter and St. Paul. The segment on the Gospel side is toped with a bell-tower, made up of overlaying sections (1719).
The retables are considered to be exclusively Baroque pieces. The main retable by Miguel de Romay, the transept retables by Domingo de Andrade and two of the side retables by Simón Rodríguez.
Associated resource: Church of the Company Exhibition Centre.