Situated on the southern side of the Plaza del Obradoiro, this is the offices of the University Rectory. In 1656, Peña de Toro began work on this building of simple proportions and construction, made from granite masonry. It stands on a large rectangular base and the construction is arranged around an interior patio with pilasters supporting semi-circular arches. The main facade, opening onto the Plaza del Obradoiro, consists of two floors. On the lower one, there is a Gothic doorway (1490-1500) from the old Azabachería university college and simply decorated windows. This is repeated on the windows that open onto the continuous balcony on the upper floor. The richly decorated doorway shows images of St Lawrence, St. John and St. Francis on the left, and St. Peter, St. Paul and St. Mauro on the right. Above this is the archivolt with representations of St. Anne, the Virgin and Child. On the tympanum, there is an image of the Virgin with Child resting on a half-moon with an angel at her side, with the arms of Archbishop Fonseca.