Construction buuilt in 1393 (founded by Fernán Pérez "O Bo", feudal lord of the area), in a Romanesque style when Gothic standards were already taking hold. With Mendizábal´s disestablishment (1837) the Franciscans were obliged to abandon the monastery, and the building´s ownership and management passed to the army until the year 2000. It has two cloisters, the best conserved of which is in Renaissance style. The church was modified in the 18th century, when it changed from a cross-shaped ground plan to a single nave covered with a barrel vault on arches. Coloured wooden retable with Baroque ornamental designs. Some of its images are in churches in Ferrol. Inside the monastery, we can see the remains of capitals, statues, tombstones... Other sculptural remains from the 16th century can presently be seen in the San Antón Archaeology Museum (A Coruña).