CENTRO HERRERÍAS

Civil
1454
On the Way of St. James

Location

Rúa dos Irmandiños

15403  Ferrol - A Coruña

Coordinates:
43º 28' 55.0" N - 8º 13' 55.9" W

Description

Academic neoclassical style building, initial design executed by Julián Sánchez Bort in 1765. Its design was approved by King Charles III in 1781. It displays an elongated rectangular ground plan. The main facade is noteworthy for its horizontality. It displays a compositional rhythm broken by the two courtyards of lights. The forges and the office of the Ferrol Arsenal foundry were installed here. The original construction underwent considerable renovation. It housed the former Machinery School and in 1997 it was planned to convert it into a space for the permanent National Exhibition of Naval Construction.

Access

Town centre

The Ways of St. James

The English Camino
Arriba