This building is also known as the Oca-Valladares palace. It is one of the most important Gothic-renaissance spaces in Galicia (dating from middle of the 16th century). The building was ordered by Álvaro de Oca y Sarmiento. It has a two storey facade, with five different crests representing different family lines in Galicia on the central balcony, and also repeated in the internal patio of columns. There is also a fountain made from Carrara marble in the patio.
Since 1850 it has been the home of the one of the oldest cultural societies in the city: the Liceo Recreo Ourensano (the Orense Recreational Lyceum).