TEATRO GARCÍA BARBÓN

Civil
1936
On the Way of St. James

Location

Rúa Policarpo Sanz 13

36201  Vigo - Pontevedra

Coordinates:
42º 14' 16.2" N - 8º 43' 24.2" W

Description

The Garcia Barbon theatre, previously known as the Rosalia de Castro theatre, was built by José García Barbón, and opened in 1925. It represents one of the greatest contributions to the historic and artistic heritage of Vigo by the local architect Antonio Palacios. It was originally designed to house a large theatre, but today it is home to a host of activities which serve to enrich considerably the cultural life of the city. Together with its classical style, this huge building offers other aspects of great interest, structurally, functionally and aesthetically, with the facade being totally impregnated with the singular compositional personality of the architect.

The Ways of St. James

Portiguese Route by coast
Arriba
Help us improve!