The monastery forms an architectural complex con the Parish Church of Santa Marta. The old Dominican monastery was built in the first half of the 14th century and was expropriated en 1835. The building has a rectangular ground plan, arranged on two levels, around an interior patio with its corresponding cloister. With little ornamentation, external decoration is focused on the main facade, which forms a right angle with the atrium of the church, and which has a noteworthy entrance doorway, decorated with Tuscan-style pilasters holding up the entablature. Inside, there are three heraldic shields sculpted in stone, with emblems of the town. The building presently houses municipal offices, and is partly devoted to cultural activities.