Built by the Pontevedra Seafarer's Guild in the early 14th century, this fine example of the late gothic has been declared a National Monument. Its western portal (1541) resembles a stone retablo in the plateresque style. It has been attributed to the Dutch master known as Cornelius de Holanda and Juan Noble. The basilica is divided into three sections which reflect the triple division inside and the different heights of its naves. Worthy of special mention are the busts of Christopher Columbus and Hernán Cortés on either side of the rose window.