Enclosed religious order of the Barefoot Mercedarian Mothers . Construction begun by Diego de Romay in 1674. The convent, in granite masonry, stands on a platform with a façade of cut stone blocks. The convent stands on a rectangular ground plan, which includes the church situated in the centre of the structure´s right-hand half. The facade is a simple, sober design; on the plain walls, the window frames with wing moulding Stand out on the four corners, together with the flying cornice with gargoyles, and the entablature of consoles with metopes. The horizontal arrangement is interrupted by the vertical alignment of the church in three sections, flanked by two giant-order Corinthian pilasters and by the 18th-century bell.-tower. In the first section, there is a portico with three semi-circular arches over impostas and pilasters. The two upper sections are contained inside a large blind arch that outlines the exterior of the nave, with a barrel vault on the inside. The one on the lower part is divided into three parts by pilasters, with a splendid outstanding relief on the central one showing the Annunciation, by Mateo de Prado. On the side ones, their are Archbishop´s arms. On the third section, there is a pediment decorated with garlands of fruit, flowers and leaves.