Modern church built over another from the 9th century, of which nothing remains, called San Pedro de Fora ("Outside") since it was located outside the city walls. After the year 1200 it benefited from the canon that had to be paid by the shell-sellers that stood nearby, and that was the origin of the place-name "Los Concheiros" ("The Shell-Sellers"). In the 15th century, in ruins, it became property of the Monastery of San Martiño Pinario.
The present-day church, made from granite with a slate roof, was rebuilt at the beginning of the 19th century. It is a very simple building. Inside, it is worth noticing the Neoclassical retables with images attributed to the José Ferreiro workshop.