Founded in 1759 by Archbishop Raxoi as a college for noble young ladies. Clemente Fernández Sarewas responsible for the design. On a rectangular ground plan and walls of granite masonry, its exterior facade shows considerable weight, sobriety and is markedly horizontal. All that stands out are the side towers, with latticed windows, and the main doorway, topped with a triangular pediment containing the Archbishop´s arms, with the figures of St.. Gabriel, the Assumption and St. Raphael above this. The church, charatcerised by a lack of decoration, stands on a Greek cross ground plan, with a manin chapel and the nave in two sections, and the upper choir over the vestibule. On the outside, on the right-hand corner of the building, there is a Gothic tympanum (14th century), which probably comes from the the Convent of the Poor Clares that used to stand on this site.