This is a private pazo. The Palace of the Bishop of Quito - called Alonso de la Peña y Montenegro- , is a building that follows the classical lines of urban houses in 17th-century Galicia. It is a splendid arcaded building on a rectangular ground plan and one floor, integrated into the urban layout, and whose walls bear two coats of arms between the windows, aranged over the arcades. Its owner was born in Padrón in 1596, and died in Peru in 1688. He was canon of Santiago and professor of theology and university rector. Philip IV presented him to the Bishopric of Quito, where he made donations, set up foundations and wrote some books.