Located in a privileged position between the church of Santa Maria Madre and the cathedral. Its name derives from an old chapel on the site that was the property of the Count of Amarante, but which has since been pulled down. As a result of its shape, it is possible that it might have been the cloisters of the Santa Maria Madre church. From the 15th to the 19th century it was used as a cemetery. Following this it was used as a fruit market. The buildings have traditional facades and were the homes of craftsmen and artists. Today it is a welcoming space with a cross from 1718 at its centre.