Enclosed convent of the Order of St. Clare. Founded in 1260 with private donations and the dowry of Doña Violante of Castile, wife of King Alfonso X the Wise, it was enlarged in the 16th century with donations from Doña Isabel of Granada, Boabdil´s grand-daughter and abbess of the convent. The present-day building was built between the 17th and 18th centuries, with Domingo de Andrade, Friar Gabriel Domínguez and Simón Rodríguez working on it. The last of these made the screen facae that leads into the interior patio, which gives access to the church. Made from granite masonry, it is arranged in three sections; it is highly dynamic due to the sensation of chiaroscuro created by the profuse decoration concentrated in the central section and and its three levels: large cornices, split pediments, plaques, volute, and at the top, the large cylinders giving a feeling of instability.