In the year 1896, the current lighthouse substituted the old one that had worked since 1854 by steam. It was the first lighthouse in Spain to operate with electric light. From the rectangular white building, a recenlt-built covered passageway leads to the lighthouse tower, 25 metres high, raised on a rocky mass 105 metres above sea level. Its light reaches for 40 miles, one of the most powerful lighthouses on the coast. The area surrounding the lighthouse has a spectacular beauty, and the view of the lighthouse changes as travel along the coast.
It has showroom.